Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mad Housewife Wines



Was cruising through World Market’s wine section the other day and stumbled upon a funny label. It was on special…so any wine on special is one I can not pass up (can we give a shout out to whoever was the genius that created the “six pack “ bag o’ wine shopping bag? HELLO!!!!)being the true adventurous wino that I am.

Mad Housewife Cab Sav…took me by surprise. The Seattle Washington label (but made with Cali grapes) wines have been around for a few years…but was new to my taste buds. Any funny label (this one…50’s styled housewife with cat eye glasses holding a pink spatula…need I say more?) will catch my attention…so it definitely did its job and the price was $6.99 to boot. Remember rule numero uno in the wine world? A great bottle doesn’t need to have a big price.

As I put the bottle on the counter the manager proceeds to tell me “that wine is really good…just remember to let it breathe for a half hour and it will taste even better”. Love that…so did it and happy to say…my glass of vino that night with the Hubster’s home made 4 cheese pizza (the secret is in the sauce…maybe one day he’ll let me write about it) was a delightful feast.

Their mailing list is fun…have been receiving little blurps and such about their blog and they even have a gear and recipe link for bottle pairings…and don’t forget….for every case of White Zin that they sell…they will make a donation to support breast cancer research and prevention…LOVE THAT!!! I’m not a fan of White Zin ( I know…I’m a snob)…but always try & have some in the house just in case someone new comes over and wants some…now I’ll be sure to buy theirs:)

I can honestly say I am not a mad housewife…but am a new fan of it…and if it makes my vino loving taste buds do the happy dance…then I’m a very happy girl:)

Find Mad Housewife at World Market or check out their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment