Wednesday, July 29, 2009

From the Desk of A.J. - Daily Inspirations

*picture from TCM photo gallery


So…I am a work in progress. Most importantly…I’m the first to admit it. Another word for this is…we are not all perfect.

I spend my days growing, sometimes in directions I really don’t want to…but I am growing and learning and when I grow up…I want to be…not perfect…just happy with my imperfections…and being 37…I am well on my way:)

I found this website a bit ago…and what I have found the most pleasurable is their daily inspirations. I get little short quotes everyday from writers, poets, philosophers, actors (my fav being the other day…Ruth Gordon “Courage is very important. Like a muscle, it is strengthened by use.". ..or Groucho Marx “ I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be."). Love the quotes…and these two just mentioned…are my kind of philosophers:)

Everyday Health is the site, but they have their daily inspirations as a sub-site (is that a word?)…love, love, love it. They give me little tid bits of healthy life styling…which is what I struggle with the most…especially chasing down a 1 year old (gulp). Reading the little blurps about choosing the life you want to live helps me not speed through the fast food drive through ‘cause it’s “easy” and when I do happen to throw in that big hunk of butter into my “healthy” oatmeal in the morning…I don’t kick my self all day long about it…I start again…a little better everyday… "I’m baby steppin’…doing the work…I’m not a slacker”…another quote from a great philosopher (Bill Murray in What About Bob) :)

Exercise, recipes, fabulous quotes…and not all in your face about it. Just a little something here and there for you to read and let marinate…as you are on your way to a happier, better you…which makes for a happier, better body, mind, and soul… and who doesn’t want that??? :)

Find Everyday Health here. Click on the register link, and you will be able to sign up for the daily inspiration emails.

No comments:

Post a Comment