Wednesday, July 22, 2009

From the Desk of A.J. - Heavenly Hostess



Everyone’s a fan of I Love Lucy (and if you’re not…what the??). One of my favorite things, most definitely, is her clothes. I remember falling in love with her faces…and her clothes. I remember thinking…when I grow up…I want to dress like Lucy. Seriously. Never mind the “in” thing were Dittos and jumpsuits (gee…here we are again with that). I just remember seeing her all dressed up in hats, gloves, heels, and looking fabulous…always. Even when she had to clean the house and cook up a storm for Ricky and the Mertzes. Here, close your eyes and picture what she’s wearing when she’s serving them dinner…do you see it? Do you?

An apron. Not just your run of the mill apron…I mean an apron that makes your outfit…well…stylish…and wearable when you entertain.

I love to entertain (maybe I got that from Lucy too). When I’m prepping…I wear aprons…mostly ones that I have bought at Anthropologie (they have super cute ones)…my favorite being a white one with red cherries all over it and ribbons…why…BECAUSE IT REMINDS ME OF LUCY!!!!.

Anyway…my points take a while to get to, I know, I’ve been told that my whole life…but here's my point. I have never been able to find an apron worthy of the Lucy ones…with the exception of a few I have found at flea markets…but those are vintage and un-wearable…because they will probably tear during the putting on process. But walking around Orange Circle this weekend…I just about screamed in excitement ("just about" really meaning…I did scream).

Heavenly Hostess (here’s the point). A beautiful shop and label created by business savvy lady Cynthia Wadell…who also sells wholesale so you can buy her goodies at many different locations across the U.S. The shop…beautiful gorgeous things darling…that would be great hostess gifts…b-day gifts…any day of the week gifts for someone you love or yourself (because you love yourself). Best of all…she makes these amazing aprons for entertaining…and they are Lucy worthy…GORGEOUS!!! Silk crepe, satin, bridal beading…you name it…they truly are wearable works of art. Perfect for the bunco party/wine tasting/holiday party/dinner with you and your Hubster’s Fred & Ethel…any of those things…or if you’re like me…perfect for a Tuesday taco night for crying out loud. I’d be happy wearing these lovely aprons any day of the week.

Check out her website and I guarantee you will drool over these lovelies…not to mention…she does mommy and me sets…oh yeah…perfect for me and my little Ricky:)

Find Heavenly Hostess here.

No comments:

Post a Comment