Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy Weekend!



Its that time again, the weekend is finally here!! Ms. A.J. and I just happen to both have July babies and just happen to be throwing parties for said babes on the same day. So we are in full blown party mode. Because we can't just buy invitations at Party City and be done, oh no. We gotta get dirty. We love all the little details, the cupcakes, the favors and the decorations! No, we're not those people, who get a ferris wheel and a zoo for our babies third birthday, but we like things personal, a little different, and of course a little handmade.
I thought I'd share the invites I made for my little "pixie's" birthday. My kids have always had totally custom invites because they are lucky enough to have a graphic designer daddy. I sketched a fairy, The Husband re-drew it in Adobe and then I handmade tiny envelopes with tiny invitations inside (my little one is obsessed with all things tiny, hence her party theme of a "pixie picnic"). After my sixteenth tiny envelope I questioned my sanity, but my daughter's reaction made it totally worth it ("Awwww!! Is this for me? It's so sweeeettt!! Isn't it sweet? Dank you Mama!")

When I'm not dreaming up more tiny food items I can make for her party I may round up the gang and head over to L.A. to go to the Renegade Craft Fair, it looks like tons of fun! Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment