Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Shady Dell


Time travel…its something I think we all think about now and then…right???

Well I do…not for real…its not like I have my DeLorean out back and am waiting for Jim from Taxi (yes…I just dated myself…again) to come and whisk me back into the 1950’s. Oh but a girl can dream right???

I love everything old…I think I’ve stated this before. So when I read about, hear about, see about or whatever about something that is old and being taken care of like it’s a priceless jewel as it deserves to be taken care of…I’m hap, hap, happy.

A few years ago I got married and had my make up done by the coolest of cool retro 50’s style chick…but she wasn’t one of those obnoxious 50’s styled chicks ya know? She was just a true gem of a gal and we gals ( mom, me, sister) all fell in love with her. Anyway…long story short…she too was getting married and was going on her honeymoon to Bisbee Arizona. Wait…what??

Welcome to the Shady Dell. As you step foot onto this lovely trailer park (yeah…you heard me), you step back in time. Actually you are forced back in time and it’s oh so swell.

Eleven vintage “sleeping establishments” (I can’t say trailers…because there is a boat in there…oh yeah…fabulous and a tricked out bus). Anyway…all are refurbished to their original state and they have added a few new amenities like martini glasses/shakers (see where I'm going with this?)…and some really fab leopard rugs in a few. Each come with a working kitchen, plates, utensils…front lawn and lawn chairs so you can take in the view. Some have rat pack music playing, some with phonographs, magazines and books of the time to get you in the correct decade mood. All have different “themes”…but one common thread…they all pay homage to the good ol’ days.

Dots Diner is a hop skip and a jump located within the park and it was built in Kansas City back in the 1950’s…did her time working in L.A. on the corner of Ventura and Topanga Blv. (hey, don’t judge a gal for doing what needs to be done to put food on her tables)…then made her way by trailer in 1996 to the Shady Dell where she is happily grilling up burgers, fries, & shakes.

So…what a great place to visit right? Not only do you help out the Shady Dell with its yearly bills…you get to have a nice, quiet, relaxing vacation, you get to help preserve all things old that I fear we are going to lose, and you get to step back in time…without the fear of messing your hair up during warp speed zones.

Book your trailer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment