Wednesday, July 1, 2009

From the Desk of A.J. - Listography



Lists…I kind of have a passion for them…it may be the paper thing…but now…I even do them on the computer…in different colors and fonts…I think I just said too much.

The Hubster and I had date night last weekend and while we were waiting for our movie (Away We Go…go see it!!!), we cruised through our B & N and I stumbled upon something that left me and my list happy brain…oh so happy.

Listography…a journal..kinda…list happy lovely couple put their first Listography journal out in 2006. Since then they have grown into a blog and website offering list ideas and all around fun tid bits to read.

I love to list…anything and everything. Can I say I’m a lister? OK...I'm terming it now…I’m a Lister! From my daily things to do to of course groceries, errands, and forget it if I’m helping out or throwing any sort of gathering. As a matter of fact…cleaning out the book shelves a few weeks ago I found a list I made many moons ago that I had of places I wanted to see and do before I die. Happy to say I have seen and done some…but I think I’m beyond experiencing the Iditarod (seriously…what was I thinking...me on a sled...pulled by dogs...with no Starbucks or Peet's in sight?) This book and blog gives you the tools and thrill of doing the lists for FUN (for those of you who think listing is not so fun…wha- wha???).

Suggested Lists:

What you’re saving for your senior years (my sister and I want to hand out free candy at See’s …oh the many people you can make happy in one shift!)
Bands I’ve seen (oh…this list is awesome…I used to go out…like out, out)
Music that reminds you of your childhood or that your parents listened to. (This list is probably really close to what my list of music would be today)
People you’ve lived with (I’ve been lucky…great roomies all the way)

And they have a Listography journal for Kids:
-If I could be friends with anyone who would it be?
-Things I like to do with my family.
Lots of ideas and pages to fill!!

Fun stuff and in a sense…you can just fill in your listography and that probably would be your autobiography…but in a nice, clean, easy to read well, list. What a great way to start off your summer…ooooh…just thought of one…favorite things about summer…ooooh your top 10 favorite summers…you see where I’m going:)

Find Listography here.



No comments:

Post a Comment