Thursday, January 28, 2010

World of Good - Target




I won't even go into how much I love Target. Its pretty much Mecca for me (and I think most moms will agree, a place I can buy myself an adorable new outfit, diapers and ice cream? Yes please). Half my wardrobe comes from there. But I digress. I've decided that its perfectly acceptable for me to wear my yoga pants out and about, as long as I pair it with some cute accessories. My current favs are a nice tee, pretty scarf and some flats. Simple, yet taken up a notch from just a t-shirt and sweats (which I think are perfectly fine for most activities us mamas have to do daily). I've been keeping my eye out for some lighter weight scarfs as its starting to warm up a bit and stumbled across this lovely teal number. Then I read that it is made by artisans as part of the Community Friendly Movement in India. From their website: "CFM, Community Friendly Movement is a social enterprise based out of New Delhi, India whose mission is to create income for its primary stakeholders, artisan communities in rural India, by working directly with the community, reducing the number of levels in the chain, and increasing the sustainable income of the individual. In addition to international marketing support, CFM trains groups on the importance of quality, enabling producers to create high quality, internationally-marketable goods. " Target, I think I just fell a little more in love with you. Teal scarf can be found here.

Some more awesome finds from the World of Good line:


  • An awesome tote made from recycled plastic bags in India (great size for trips to the park!)
  • Recycled brass bracelet also made by artisans in India
  • Beautifully embroidered coin purse, hand embroidered in New Delhi and Gujarat
To check out more goodies from this line go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment