Friday, January 22, 2010

Happy Weekend!

*my daughter napping under her 'brella

Its been a crazy week in our hometowns! Lightening, thunder, rain, rain and more rain and even a tornado. I've been battling a clogged street drain that lead to my car being halfway under water and makes me look out the window every five minutes to make sure its not flooding again. Luckily, I have amazing neighbors who all flock outside when the rain starts getting real bad to clear out the drain, knee-deep in frigid water, while I try to keep my three year old from jumping in. My son's school was flooded leading to school being cancelled. But we had a grand 'ol time taking a walk in the rain and jumping and wading through giant puddles and have consumed copious amounts of hot chocolate. Being a home body, I quite enjoy the excuse to not go anywhere, but its starting to wear thin and I'm looking forward to getting out this weekend.

Speaking of, if you want to get out of your house this weekend, why not check out City Labs? Its inside, you'll be cozy watching the rain from the awesome views at the Marketplace, and you can maybe get yourself connected with some amazing organizations (btw, go here to see the list of all the participants!). Stay dry* and safe this weekend!

*Or don't! Take a walk in the rain, jump in some puddles and come home to some hot chocolate... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment