Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GOOD Magazine

*Picture taken from this GOOD article


I'm an avid reader. And when I say avid, I mean, its kind of a problem. I'm known for devouring a 300 page book in one night, and I go through magazines in under an hour. I can't get enough to read. And with the slow decline of the magazine industry it seems every time I turn around another one of my favorite magazines goes under (RIP Domino & Wondertime!) My husband and I received our first copy of GOOD magazine awhile ago, back when the subscription fee was "whatever you felt it was worth." I forget what we paid, but whatever it was, it was worth it. Every issue focuses on a new issue (the education and "slow" issues are some of my favs) and all the articles are thoughtful, and well written. The design and illustrations are also amazing, seducing my more visual, graphic-designer husband away from his precious Dwell. Now there is a set subscription fee, but whether you choose to pay the $20 or the $50, all of the money goes to a non-profit orginization. GOOD is run by "a collabaration of individuals, business and non profits pushing the world forward."
Check out the GOOD website here for a peek into articles and what GOOD is all about and if you want to really get to know the people of GOOD meet them at City Labs, a community service fair happening this Saturday (the 23rd).

1 comment:

  1. What a great update, I can't wait to check out the GOOD booth at the CITY-LABS event.

    It is so important that we support our community, and all the great non-profit organizations who need our help.

    Thanks Pinky Swear!!!

    ReplyDelete