Wednesday, January 27, 2010

From the Desk of A.J. - Unique Vintage


So I have a wedding coming up in March…and it’s in Palm Springs. What do you think of when you think of Palm Springs? Well…I think of two things…first…the heat (I’m a beach gal…love that I always have a breeze), and I can’t help but think of the old Palm Springs. As in Frank, Lucy and Desi, Elvis and ‘Cilla…all hanging out at their fabulous sprawling homes drinking ‘tinis and living the Mad Men lifestyle we can only fantasize about. (No, not all of the lifestyle…just the fun stuff;)

Anyway…back to the wedding. Well, no one needs to twist my arm to make me play dress up…and I wanted to pay homage to the hot dessert oasis in true old Hollywood style…without driving myself crazy trying to hunt down just the right outfit for just the right evening.

Unique-Vintage. JACKPOT! I ordered the perfect dress…50’s inspired…but something that won’t make me look like I’m wearing a costume. They do specialize in costumes…and they do carry real vintage dresses (ahhh…check out there wedding line…and their real vintage vault for some true works of art:), but they also carry lines that are inspired by the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s. TOO FUN!

What I loved most about this site (they have a real live store, with real live people and stuff in Burbank too)…is their “Project Glamour Girl”. They are donating 20 vintage inspired prom dresses to 20 deserving gals who can’t afford all of the dough re mi you need to acquire “the dress” for their big night out. They need to write an essay saying why they should be one of the 20…and Unique-Vintage will choose the 20 lucky gals. Hello!!!!

So…many a things to love about this site…great place to get inspired for Halloween, or your wedding…and did I mention they consult in hair and make-up too…and not to mention…accessories. I think I hear some fabulous peep toe slingbacks calling my name;)

Find Unique Vintage here.

No comments:

Post a Comment