Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mudpuppy Magnet Sets



I put this Monster Magnetic Set on my son's Christmas list quite awhile ago. I knew he'd love the monsters, and I loved the illustrations and just thought it was an all around cool toy, different from all of his other toys. Imagine my surprise when we came across the illustrator at Unique LA! I was really excited to see all his other work (all awesome!) and it was just cool to meet the guy behind a mass produced toy like that. Mudpuppy (and another one of my other fav companies, Eeboo) use really awesome illustrators, giving everything a pseudo handmade look to it, or at the very least, toys that just look different from all the rest. My mother-in-law got both these sets for the kids, and they've loved them. We went out to eat the day after Christmas, and they made the perfect restaurant toy. And since then they've created massive scenes of princess destruction and monster/princess marriages (depending on whose directing the scene) on our fridge while I cook dinner. And with sets with everything from a ballerina to robots, you're sure to find one for your little one. A toy that looks great, promotes individual play time, and is an easy clean up? Yup, I'm a fan.

Find the monster set here and the princess set here.

1 comment: