Thursday, September 3, 2009

Indie Rock Coloring Book

My kids have never listened to traditional "kid's" music. With my son I would try to put in kid's music when we were home together, but he always preferred to rock out to Mommy and Daddy's music and I just stopped trying to push it (who wants to listen to most of that music anyways!). In fact any efforts on my part to get them to listen to kid's music has been met with disdain. I kid you not, I put some Raffi in the other day and my son sighed and said, "Ugh. Can't we listen to something more rockin'??" And now they both know all the words to the Clash's London Calling album, but not the words to Polly Wolly Doodle All Day. He prefers "Dave N Bowie" (David Bowie), "Mommy's Mouse" (Modest Mouse), and the "Dinosaur Song" (Dinosaur Jr.). So when I saw this coloring book on Urban Outfitters site, I giggled because I know my little indie rocker would love to color pictures by some of his favorite bands. Now he can happily color pages by Bloc Party, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and the like. And, all profits go to the Yellow Bird Project which partners indie bands with the charity of their choice.

Find the coloring book here and the Yellow Bird Project here.

No comments:

Post a Comment