Wednesday, September 2, 2009

From the Desk of A.J. - Share Our Strength



September? Really? ALREADY????

Now that summer is ending (sigh), schools are starting, and the costumes and fall décor is fast approaching our isles at our fav stores…time to gear up for the upcoming season. Before we head into that…I need to put a little bug in your ear about an upcoming event that you are all invited to…you will eat, drink, and be merry…and feed millions of babes while doing it:)

Share Our Strength’s The Great American Dine Out is happening September 20-26th. If you haven’t seen the ads on the Food Network, USA Today, Parents Mag and more…then here I am…spreading the word and reminding everyone to GO EAT!!!!

Super simple. Visit the website…type in your zip and you’ll get a list of restaurants that are participating. By participating I mean sharing their profits from the day, week, special menu items…it’s entirely up to them…but at the end of the day…these proceeds will be turned over to Share Our Strength and will help out with feeding our future generations all over the U.S.A. It’s a nation-wide dine out that will help end childhood hunger. Our kids just so happen to make up more than 1/3 of the individuals that receive food from our food banks. 13.4 million children receive food stamps. I can’t imagine not being able to feed my little dude (just me writing that made my heart tighten)…as I’m sure all of you can’t, but it makes me oh so happy to think that there is something we all can do to help…and they make it SOOOOOO EASY!

I plan on participating in the Great American Bake Sale (stay tuned in the future for that)…but I think I may put that off until the holidays (when, I’m hoping an 8th day will be added or something). Share Our Strength has come up with unique ideas that make it impossible not to participate in. Thousands of restaurants have registered…and a lot of major chains too, so choosing one will be a piece of cake…a piece of cake that something other than your thighs will benefit from:)

Find more information here.

No comments:

Post a Comment