Thursday, September 10, 2009

From the Desk of A.J. - Iglooplay Toy Chaise



So…I’m nesting. No, no, no…I’m not “PG”, just getting into the groove of my now one year old switching things up on me. With his naps changing, his eating habits (does every other morsel of food have to be chucked completely across the room before the next one can be put into the mouth? A rule not explained to me in the parenting 101 book). Anyway…yes…we are starting to think about bambino numero 2…but in the mean time…I’m packing up bottles, toys, and tons of clothes and making room for shoes, trains and trucks.

Searching online for toy chests…and I happen to find the coolest line of children’s furniture. I absolutely love that there are so many newer lines that are eco-friendly and not the usual big plastic baseball/football/whatever toy chest I am used to seeing. I wanted to find something that would hold up over time and that would grow with the boy wonder. Something that will not only go with his current bedroom (which I love and will be whimpering big time when I have to take down) but that will go with his toddler room of the future.

I am a lover of all design. From fashion to photog to painting to sculpture to jewelry (hint, hint) to architecture and the furniture that goes in it. So when I found Iglooplay, my heart went pitty pat. Children's furniture that not only is functional…but looks super cool in any bedroom, playroom, living room..kitchen…anywhere! I have absolutely fallen in love with their toyChaise. It’s a toy box with drawers and a chest that also happens to have a backrest so the kidletts can take a seat on top and read a book:) Love, love, love that it’s made of sustainable wood and meets or exceeds the ASTM and Consumer Product Safety Commission standards for child safety.

A toy chest that is not only safe & effiecient ( of course…its’ designed by a mama:)…but that is designed for kids whose parents are looking for something other than the usual. Now if someone could design a self cleaning floor…hmmmmm.

Find Iglooplay furniture here.

No comments:

Post a Comment