Wednesday, September 16, 2009


I am an addict. I am standing up right now and confessing to the blog world…I am an addict…and I am not proud of it. I’ve been off and on the wagon for years…right now…with little dude’s energy and ‘tude just starting to kick in…I’m off the wagon in a big way.

Like a lot of mamas out there…I’m a caffeine junkie…coffee lovin’-Diet Coke head (seriously people…what were you thinking…I am a MAMA!!). So…since I am a foodie and Top Chef fanatic…I was pleased as punch when the lovely king of palettes Tom Colicchio became the new spokesperson for my favorite D.C.

I don’t know why I decided to cruise the Diet Coke website (maybe it was late one night and I was salivating at the thought of having one…but I knew it was too late and would have been up all night wired or something), but anyway…I did it. Went to the website of my drug of choice…and I am oh so happy I did.

I was wondering how Tommy (um...sure he lets me call him that:) tied in with D.C….besides it being a great tasting caffeinated beverage and him knowing a thing or two about taste. Anyway…Diet Coke has this amazing new website that has all of these amazing recipes provided by The Culinary Institute of America. They have them all categorized by lunches, apps, entertaining and sub-categories like modern finger foods and simple yet sophisticated meals, just to name a few.The newly vamped website also has tips and each recipe has a shopping list you can just print out from your ‘puter…super simple and can I add…they look soooooo yums. You are supposed to pair them with your tall glass of D.C. bubblies…but I’m thinking a lot of them would be nicely paired with bubblies of the grape kind:)

See…now that I’ve shared all of this useful information with you…I can go about my addiction and feel less guilty when my 3:00 shakes start...and am in need of my fix:)But I can quit anytime...really...I can.

Find recipes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment