Monday, June 1, 2009

Book Crush - Piggy and Elephant


Oh Piggy and Elephant, how do we love thee.

We started our love affair with Mo Willems when I was still pregnant with my first and came across Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! and the rest of the Pigeon series (more on those wonders in a different post). Then we discovered the Piggy and Elephant books and our love was sealed forever. These books are the kind that when we bring them home and read them, the immediate response is to read it again. And again. And yet again. Ad infinitum. And yet, despite the simple pictures and simple story line (or perhaps because of) I never tire of reading it myself. My kids belly laugh and giggle through them, and they even cause me to laugh out loud. My son loves to "read" them back to me, following the story through the pictures. By far the best "early reader" series out there.

You can find them here or at your local library (ours has several copies of the entire series!)

No comments:

Post a Comment