Thursday, June 18, 2009

Poisson Rouge


My kids are obsessed with the computer (and with a graphic designer daddy and a bloggin mama who could blame them!). They love to watch You Tube videos (currently we watch videos people take while on Disneyland rides, before that it was model trains) and love to play computer games. There are plenty of commercial sites with games (Disney, Nick, even Hot Wheels) but I'm never entirely comfortable with them playing those games for longer than a couple of minutes since they are basically a giant commercial wrapped up in a game. Looking around for "better" games (read - less likely to make my kids whine for a new toy) I came across Poisson Rouge. I love that all the games are intuitive, that is to say, there is no tiny Dora in the corner constantly barking commands, the kids have to figure out what the "point" of the game is and how to navigate through the site. You will be amazed at how easy that is for your tots! Even games I couldn't figure out my four year old had down pat in two minutes. It has a nice range of games, so that both my two year old and the four year old can play the games and neither is bored or frustrated. There is an English version and a French version, so your little one can brush up on his French nouns when the English version gets too boring. And to top it all off, it is free. Tres bien!

Find Poisson Rouge here.

No comments:

Post a Comment