Wednesday, June 24, 2009

From the Desk of A.J. - The Perfect Baby Announcements

When I was nesting with our little dude…I was looking for the “perfect” everything. Perfect crib, perfect bedding, perfect wall art, perfect take home outfit, the list was endless.

Along with the perfs…I continuously changed my mind as to how I was going to announce him. Did I want to use the hospital picture (which was hilarious…but no I didn’t use), did I want to rush into a mega studio & do the usual naked baby on fluffy white/blue/green/ blanket, have someone come to the house (but that would have meant me having to make sure the house was clean…uh no), Candid snapshot at home…again…the list was endless.

Then I had to decide…classic announcement…classic…but with some funk…all funk? For some reason I thought that however I announced the babe…that was the final deal. I felt his birth announcement would somehow label him for the rest of his life (I know…so “dramatical” as the Hubster from the south says, he speaks Paula Dean sometime…its scary, but thats just me). Luckily I hit the baby announcement jackpot and found 2 amazing sites that tickled me fancy. The first…classic…but with a twist. The second…all twist.


Scrapless Press…amazing site that is sooooo sweet & easy to use. They have endless choices for birth announcements, invites (b-days, engagement, Christmas cards…you name it)…classic scrapbook feel…with a twist…and oh sooooo sweet. Family run (husband and wife team…LOVE THAT…any couple that can work and play together while raising a family gets 5 stars in my book...uh…love you honey).



Rattle -N –Roll…another hubby and wifey team (kudos again) that play up the vintage concert poster…big time. Send them a pic and they will “transform” you or your little one into a classic rock concert poster...too cool. Again…invites, birth announcements, anything you can think of…they’ll do.



So…these are my favs…went with Scrapless for the first “Here I am world”…but am thinking Rattle-N-Roll for the big b-day…these two sites have us all over them…classic-rock:)

Find Scrapless Press here and Rattle-N-Roll here.

No comments:

Post a Comment