Thursday, April 23, 2009

Shop til You Drop



I loathe plastic grocery bags. Never mind their environmental impact. I hate the impact they have on my home. Because I can't just throw them away. So they go under the sink. And I swear they multiply like bunnies under there. And every time I go to grab something from under the sink all 759 plastic bags fly out of the cupboard and scatter to the winds and I'm stuck wrangling plastic bags from three years ago, trying fruitlessly to get them into one containable entity. Sure they're great for when we take the dog for a walk or if one of us needs an impromptu lunch bag. And I still use them in my smaller trash cans. But I always have 698 too many bags in my home. I blame it all on The Husband who can't for the life of him remember one of the eleven reusable shopping bags we own. Personally I love my big shopping bags. I make the cashiers stuff them to the top, and when they say, are you sure, its going to be heavy, I say look, I've got two kids. I want to make one trip from the car to my house. I don't care if that bag weighs eighty pounds, it will still be easier than trying to contain two toddlers as I go back and forth with the twenty plastic bags you would put all this in. And hey, I'm a girl and basically its one more accessory I get to decide on! ;)

I have all kinds of bags, canvas, that weird "fabric" material the cheap bags at the grocery store are made of, and plastic ones. The canvas one is my fav for when I'm getting produce, the plastic for when I'm getting a little bit of everything, and the cheap ones are great for when I'm doing a lot of shopping. Here's a little bit of each:

1. Envirosaks - Pictured above and below, these lil' cuties come in all sorts of patterns and colors and fold up to be tiny. These are perfect to keep one in your purse for unexpected goodies. And how cute are the little ones below for kids? Find them here.

2. The Craft Pantry - I like the size of these, they are nice and deep and wide (for maximum stuffage) I love the personalized one! Find them here.

3. For sure the most colorful (and awesome) are the recycled plastic ones. Someone quite lovely gave me the Flotsam and Jetsam bag (upper right corner) for my birthday recently, not even knowing that I had been eyeing these other colorful lovelys from Lapin & Me. Find the Flotsam and Jetsam bag at Paper Source.




No comments:

Post a Comment