Tuesday, April 21, 2009

From the Desk of A.J. - NellieFay


While everyone is celebrating Earth Week this week….I can not help but be honest in my “green” endeavors. I am a 37 year old planet earth trasher that is trying desperately to hop on the bandwagon because I do realize that we need to do some major things in order to leave this beautiful planet in good shape for our future generations of earthlings.

That being said…I try really hard to recycle. I try really hard to remember those Trader Joe’s bags that are in my vehicle (that is not a hybrid by the way…shhhh) and not just because I get to enter my name into a drawing for a free GC. I try really hard to give my appliances the afternoon off. I try really hard to turn off the water when brushing my teeth (I think I “unconsciously” leave it on because the Hubster keeps bugging me and it’s really me being stubborn…shhhh.). I try really hard to endure a heat wave in SoCal ( I know…desert people are laughing…but its really hot out here this week) instead of turning on my AC…which I just remembered is an energy saver…so never mind that one. Anyway…you get my drift. I want those chickens in cages to be set free and deliver one egg a day…I want to buy all organic so the prices will come down…see I want all of those things…I’m just a work in progress…as we all are…for our entire lives.

So…one of my first steps has been to tackle the said things above and spread the word of how we can all, as a shopping blogging society, give some TLC back to this glorious planet earth. I am a shopper…and I think realistically, this is how I am going to contribute the most (I know…I’m such a giver:)

NellieFay.com. SUPER cute newer website that is carrying all things green. Its family owned and you can see it in their product choices. You can tell that they are choosing organic goods for their family to wear, get clean in, play with, and even their dog Stewart has his best pics on there. Great organic brands for little ones like Sckoon, Piccalilly, Bath by Bettijo, MiYim, Lana, & SimplyFido (Stewarts choices for his fellow canine buddies:).

I figure if we all baby step towards the “green” path…all of our little baby steps will lead us to lots of big leaps…and with that a big beautiful long lasting planet:)


So let's all take an oath "I (state your name), vow to do my best in going green...not just this week because its the "in" thing to do...but because I am a shopper who believes in buying great organic goods...for the better of the planet...of course".

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great comments about our site and the eco friendly products we carry. It's always good to see others offering organic or recycled products...especially when they look as nice as yours do.

    Thanks again,

    Nelliefay.com

    ReplyDelete