Monday, April 13, 2009

For Peep's Sake




Although I should be downstairs cleaning up the aftermath of Easter instead I find myself upstairs perusing the Internet for ways to dispose of three hundred pounds of marshmallow-ey goodness.  Now I know there are two camps when it comes to Peeps.  No, make that three.  You either hate them, love them, or come from the school of "a good Peep is a stale Peep."  I personally subscribe to the last.  And whether you like them or not there's a good chance you've got a couple on hand now that the Easter bunny has visited.  I thought I'd look around to see if there was something I could make with them, and came upon this masterpiece.  My favorite camping treat mixed with my favorite Easter treat??  Hello snack of my dreams.  While looking at the recipe I notice she credits the recipe as being from a book called Peeps: Recipes and Crafts to Make with Your Favorite Marshmallow Treat by Charity Ferreira.  So I clicked on the to the Amazon listing for that book.  And lo and behold, my friends, you can plan a whole Peep day!  

Once your done eating your Peep treat, you can read your favorite Peep book while listening to your favorite Peep's Sing Along cd.  



Then you can take a walk to the park and paint in your Peep coloring book.  


And don't forget your Peep lip balm!
Ok I'm done.  Just be thankful I didn't include one of the hundreds of dioramas people have made with Peeps...

Find S'meeps recipe here (where, by the way, it is "Peep Week")

1 comment: