Thursday, June 30, 2011

What's on the Menu?

It’s amazing how much you forget in 2 years. Add regular forgetfulness to baby brain mush and its amazing you can get out the door with keys, bag, & oh yeah…kiddos.

Boy Wonder numero 2, at times, makes me feel like a rookie mom. Not only is every baby different (soooo different!) but trying to remember what comes next in sleeping patterns, floor exercises, toys, teething, & eating…well…its like you’re the newbie mom again. Yes…it makes it exciting and new-but frustrating and challenging to be perfectly honest (I know ya feel me mamas!).

The point I’m getting to. Its intro to new solids in our house right now. Top that with my lil man has super sensitive skin and is allergic to a few things already…I’m extra careful of what I’m giving him. I love that you can get organic baby food just about everywhere…but nothing compares to the feeling I get when I can make it from scratch in my favorite appliance right now. I love to cook…and cooking for lil man is the best. What I forget is what to cook.

Here we go. Simply Baby Food Recipes. Fantastic blog with not only instructions, but for me…it triggers inspirations for new foods and food pairings. Love that she breaks down her recipes into categories like picky eaters and popsicle recipes (boy wonder numero 1 and I have already tried the yogurt & cantaloupe one. YUM!), just to name a few.

A lot of the recipes and tips are pretty basic…but when you are coming to the table with a baby brain…basic is just what you need:)

No comments:

Post a Comment