Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summertime



Its the first day of summer and I love it. Even though we have to get through this June gloom over here, I know that the sunshine, beach days, pool fun, and numerous BBQ's are on the way.

I love Sam Cooke's version of one of my all time favorite songs. It makes me daydream about swinging on a porch (or sometimes its a tire swing hanging from a weeping willow;), barefoot in a sundress, drinking some lemonade all while watching my boys play in the sprinklers. The only sound is their laughter & the bugs.

Until the Hubs whisks us away to this place in my head (he's originally from a little boonie town in the south...so he dreams these little dreams too), I'll play this while making some jewelry-and really fantastic play dough sculptures;)

No comments:

Post a Comment