Friday, June 24, 2011

Happy Friday!

I'd serve your Sangria in this pitcher if I were you-gorg!


It’s Friday and the first weekend of summer so to me that means partake in a summery beverage of your choice. On the menu this weekend…Sangria.

I’ve tried many different recipes (yes, I’m a 39 year old wino-and proud-don’t judge;). The one that I prefer is the one without the added alcohol, so you can actually taste the wine. I love this one below, simple, refreshing and you can still cook (or tend to children) if you have a glass. I was in line at the market a few years ago and a cute little old lady a la Mrs. Roper was behind me. She simply stated “Oh honey-are you making Sangria with all that fruit and wine?” I said yes and she gave me the absolute best tip ever. Instead of adding any club soda or sparkling water and ice cubes…make your ice cubes out of sparkling grape juice and add those to your pitcher. Not only does your Sangria not water down…you don’t need too much sugar...love it.

4 Tbls. Sugar (to your liking)

1 cup water

1 bottle red wine (since we’re not adding all the hard stuff to it…make it a decent bottle…nothing too fancy-just something that is tasty to begin with) I love this one

1 orange thinly sliced

1 lime thinly sliced

Any other fruit you wish & however much you want-strawberries, pears, pineapple, etc…

Dissolve sugar in water in large pitcher. Add wine, fruit, & grape juice cubes. Stir until cold. Pour into glasses making sure everyone gets their fruit serving for the day;)

Happy Summer!

Salud!

No comments:

Post a Comment