Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pinterest


I'm constantly trying to figure out better ways to keep all my bookmarks organized. But the internets are just too vast sometimes. I've got over a hundred bookmarks in one folder alone. So when I go back through looking for that one thing with the cute idea...nine times out of ten I can't find it and give up. I heard about Pinterest just a few weeks ago and I'm totally hooked. Its an online "bulletin board" of sorts, you set up your account and create your own bulletin boards to "pin" things to. So, for example, the screen shot above is a bulletin board I created for my daughter. So now when I see things I think she'd like, or remind me of her I just click my litte "Pin It" button (you put it on your bookmark bar, so you're not having to go to a new site everytime) and it creates a picture and link of that item on her board. I have a board for each of the kids, one for me, one for the house, one just for DIY, etc. So fun! Its also a community. So you can check out other people's boards, comment on items and re-pin to your boards. I've seen some amazing things other people have pinned I might not have otherwise. I love having everything layed out in a simple, visual way, and this is by far the easiest way to create bookmarks or lists that I've come across. I'm a total convert.

To become a part of the Pinterest community you have to be invited or accepted! If you're interested I have three more invites I can give out. Comment below or email me your info at lauren@pinkysweardesigns.com (I'll need your email) :) First come, first served ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment