Friday, March 4, 2011

Happy Friday!


I have a bad habit of not eating breakfast. Then I hit ten o'clock and I'm starving, and all I want is something fast and filling. Something like a giant muffin. I know I'm not doing myself any favors by skipping breakfast, so I've been trying to think of something I will eat. Since I crave muffins anyways, I thought I'd start with a healthier version of the muffin. That along with the fact that I've been trying to work quinoa into my kiddo's diet (I'm always trying to get my picky son to eat more protein and quinoa is a great protein) led me to quinoa muffins. So I had my son help me make these yesterday and we loved them! Its a great basic recipe, I can see making these with all kinds of "fillings". We used wheat flour and added cinnamon and chocolate chips (I also "cheated" a little and used pre-cooked quinoa from Fresh & Easy). Quick and easy and filling. Find the recipe here and have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment