Tuesday, March 22, 2011

From the Desk of A.J. - Glamping


The boy wonder brought a humungous pill bug into the house the other day. I shrieked with fear and he laughed. I proceeded to roll that thing onto a paper towel and we walked it back outside and set it free. Yes, I am a self proclaimed wuss when it comes to any creepy crawlies, flying buzzing things, and/or anything with a slimy skin body.


That’s when my life with 2 boys (uhm, 3 including The Hubs) flashed in front of me. I thought “they are going to bring me all sorts of 'fun' things aren’t they?” They are going to make me go to things I really may not enjoy…they are not going to want to go where I want to go…and they are going to make me go CAMPING.

I do like camping, sort of. I grew up camping…so it’s not like I don’t know what it entails, and it’s not like I don’t know what one gets out of it. I know, you smell fresh air…gaze at stars; take in Mother Nature and all. I get it. I just know, sometimes, it’s a little too much. I miss my bed, my own shower, my bed, my sandals (because if you don’t wear sneakers, something will attack your toes), did I mention my bed?

OK…the point is I loooove being outdoors, and I loooove taking in what Mother Nature has to offer. I just want to do it with a little more comfort.



Glamping. Glamorous camping. I know there are a few campsites here in SoCal that have been around for years…but glamping is getting huge…and its sooooo AWESOME!

Found Goglamping and Glampgirl . Both have destination links that circumference the world…yep you heard me the world. Europe (France, Belgium, Italy, the list is long), South America, Islands, Canada you name it…lots to choose from (with prices to fit small and big wallets). All with pictures of these beautiful little (or huge) accommodations (canvas, tents, yurts, tipis) that have big fluffy pillows, hand spun rugs, bubbly at your bedside-yep, that’s my kind of camping!

Looked into a few for me and the Hubs’ anniversary coming up…but of course, they are pretty much all booked. I’ll think about it early next year. I just know, one of these days, I’ll be joining the millions of moms out there packing up bug spray, creepy crawly catchers, fishing poles, Bactine and mallows and heading out into the woods. I’m excited to do it, but would be ecstatic if the woods involve a nice down comforter and a Jacuzzi tub;)


For more information find Go Glamping here and Glamping Girl here!

1 comment: