Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy Friday!

Hope you've had a great week and are starting to ease into your weekend! I thought I'd end the week by sharing a fun and easy project I did not too long ago for one of my favorite little people, for his first birthday. I tried to remember what toys my kid's loved at that age and kept coming back to those picture word books. I wanted to do something a little more personal (and making my own board book just wasn't in the cards). I also liked the idea of something smaller that he could manipulate on his own. So flash cards it was! I grabbed some images of his family and friends, along with some other random images (animals, transportation, etc.) and even added in some Star Wars characters, since little dude's dad is a mega Star Wars fan. I had my graphic designer husband resize the images and add text (which is really simple, he's just way faster than I am!) And I bought the card protectors at a local comic book shop. Print, cut, slide them in and your done! I've been told they are a big hit with little dude. And I'm already claiming that if he reads early, its because of me. ;)

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment