Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy Friday!

*Is it wrong to take a branch off a tree that grows on the sidewalk? I kept half expecting someone to stop me...

We've had such beautiful weather this week! And it seems every bush, tree and plant has burst into a sweet smelling flower. Thought I'd share this recipe we made this week after my son requested lemon cookies. I'm not a major baker (I love the process, but I'm a strict recipe follower, I can't come up with yummy combos on my own like Ms. A.J. can) but I do love baking with my kiddos. This recipe was quite possible the simplest recipe in the world, and perfect to make with the babes. Four ingredients and they got to get their hands a little dirty rolling the dough into powdered sugar. And so good!! Just the right amount of lemon-ey goodness. We made almost two dozen and by the next day we had about four left (I blame The Husband, a certain brother-in-law, and the three year old we caught sitting in the dark kitchen, crouched on the floor with a cookie and a guilty smile).



Find the recipe here.
Oh, the recipe calls for lemon extract, but I'm not really sure what that is, so we just squeezed a lemon and put about two tablespoons of lemon juice instead. I told you I'm not a baker. ;)

1 comment:

  1. These cookies look so yummy and pefect for summer!!!! Yeah, baking is a science and I do NOT excel at that!

    ReplyDelete