Friday, February 5, 2010

Happy Weekend!



The weekend is here and so is the rain! I finally finished a couple projects I had in the works (thanks for your help sis!), one of which is this body pillow for my son's bed. He'd been wanting a body pillow (who knows why) and when I found this fabric at Ikea I was thrilled (this being the boy who is obsessed with the Matterhorn). We never set out to have a Matterhorn themed room, but since he's started this obsession over a year ago thanks in part to grandparents that love to indulge his passion, he's amassed quite the collection. We love that he loves it, we eagerly look for books on rides, watch videos with him, and of course ride the ride every time we go to Disneyland. He's built Matterhorn tracks out of train tracks, legos, and straws. I love to hear about other kid's quirky passions. I've heard of a kindergartner obsessed with Greek mythology, my two year old niece is inexplicably obsessed with horses, my daughter passionate about any animal (snakes, tarantulas, bears, and kittens are all "so cute!" to her). How about you? Do your little ones have quirky obsessions?

1 comment:

  1. An obsession with the Matterhorn is the cutest thing I've heard all day :)

    ReplyDelete