Wednesday, February 10, 2010

From the Desk of A.J. - Photographer Alicia Bock




When I see photography that instantly catapults me to the place and time that is being pictured…uhm…lets just say I become quickly obsessed with the photographer, place and time. To me…if that happens…I’d say the photographer has done his/her job:)

Last month I was so happy to hang up my new year kitchen calendar. Every year I stand in the pop up calendar store and think “hummmmm…where do I want to go this year?” Greece, no done that, Paris…did it…many years in a row I think, forget the dogs and cats. Last year was old NYC ( I heart that city waaaay too much)…so I picked a calendar that was to my pleasant surprise a photographer that I’ve been scoping out on some sites.



Alicia Bock. For those of you that lurve photography as much as I do…you’ve probably heard of her…if you haven’t…you heard it here first!

Mama from Michigan that is a self taught photographer (love that…especially when you see her photos and how amazing they are). She really does capture the simple things in everyday life, from out in the middle of nowhere…to the lovely city of lights I mentioned above. What I love, love, love even more about her work…she’s affordable. For years I have fallen in love with art and photography that I had to make myself fall right out of love with ‘cause I didn’t have the dough re mi to buy it. I love that I can buy a little signed photo for $17.oo…or a large 28”x28” mounted for $220…that to me…is a smart lady. Photography can be completely overpriced…much like everything else in this world…but I love it when you stumble upon a gem that is worth more than you are going to, at the end of the day, shell out. Beautiful art…and affordable…who doesn’t love that?



Now…I plan on using my whole calendar as framed pictures for the PS design studio when we bid 2010 adieu. Until then, I look forward to my everyday gazes at Miss Alicia’s beautiful (and green!) calendar that will instantly catapult me into some long winding road leading through some beautiful green fields…or the city of lights and love…or up some big old glorious tree. Now if someone would take a picture of my house completely cleaned and tidied (uh…every room at the same time)…that would be the best photo ever!!

Find Alicia Bock's work here.

No comments:

Post a Comment