Friday, November 6, 2009

Happy Weekend!


Its starting to feel a little more like fall around here. With the temperature dipping all the way into the seventies and all. ;) It has been so nice to be able to take our afternoon walk without needing to shower after, and we've been able to stay out longer so we can accomplish very important business like building fairy houses and hunting for owl pellets. I picked up these potted dahlias above and love them so much I don't want to put them outside like I planned. We've also been enjoying this book my Nana recently passed down to us, My Book House. Published first in 1934 it has the loveliest illustrations and collections of short stories and poems. It tickles me to read poems by Keats and William Blake to my rapt three year old! My pictures here really don't do justice to the illustrations. They take me right back to an old collection of Fairy Tales I had when I was little, I would pore over those intricate illustrations of princesses and monsters. How about you, is there a certain book or type of book that you remember loving when you were little?




Hope you enjoy your fall weekend! We're off to collect pine cones, my daughter has demanded we need them to make bird feeders. I've never done that before, so we'll see how it turns out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment