Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Storage! - designs maya*made


Toys. It seems just about every six months or so (maybe less) it will just hit me. We have way too many toys. Which is almost always baffling to me. We rarely, and I mean really rarely buy ours kids toys. Really my only "buying" weakness is books at the thrift store. Who can say no to 25 cent books?? And yet the toys multiply and multiply. And so I find myself knee deep in plastic and plush and get a little crazy. Then I go on a two day purge, mercilessly tossing toys into two piles (donate and sell) and re-organize everything. And when it comes to organizing, I'm in the divide and conquer camp, finding the more I can divide things up (animals, legos, trains, dolls) the chances of every single toy ending up on the floor go down. So I'm always looking for storage. I love these burlap buckets from maya*made. Practical, earth friendly (recycled fabric) and nice to look at? I'm sold. I would love to get two of these and leave one at the top of the stairs for toys that need to go downstairs and one at the bottom of the stairs for toys that need to go back up (ahh the joys of two-story homes!). I also love that she sells her pattern for these buckets, so you could make your own in whatever fabric works for your home! Or how cute for a new mom, instead of a basket of goodies, to make her a fabric bucket of goodies?

Find these buckets (and patterns and pillows and more!) here.

No comments:

Post a Comment