Friday, October 16, 2009

Happy Weekend! - Halloween Edition!


The pumpkins above were made by my kids using this tutorial for yarn apples.

I haven't posted a Happy Weekend in a while, but we've been having too much fun over here crafting Halloween decorations and the like. My little guy is obsessed with Halloween (the scarier the better!) and demands that we go ALL OUT in our decorations. Our storage space is at a premium so I try to decorate with things we can later recycle (or use recycled stuff to decorate!) And I like to be able to let the kids create most of the decorations, they love to be involved. So here are a few of our easy (and cheap!) Halloween decorations that we all did together!

Spider Webs - I'm all about the power of a $1.99 bag of spider webs! We have them on our pictures, our staircase, the bushes outside. And hey, its the perfect excuse not to dust, because the dust only adds to the ambience! ;)



Napkin Ghosts - Remember making these ghosts as a kid? We used to always make these to hang from our trees outside. We made mini ones to decorate our tree inside, and we also hung a bunch from the kitchen ceiling. Just unfold a napkin, wad another napkin into a ball for the head, tie a string around, draw a face. Couldn't be easier!



Halloween Paintings - Halloween themed paintings are something even the most artistically challenged person could handle. Bats, skulls, tombstones are all basic shapes (and the sketchier the spookier!). I drew the outlines and the kids painted them in.



Yarn Wreath - And finally, my work in progress, a Halloween wreath. I bought a straw wreath and wrapped it completely in black yarn. I'm still trying to decide what to decorate it with, but I may just stick our yarn pumpkins in the bottom and put a bow on top. We'll see!!


We're also saving up our milk cartons to make Haunted Houses like these! For some more seriously fun Halloween ideas, check out Ohdeedoh, they've got tons of cute stuff posted! :)
Have any Halloween crafts or projects you're working on?? I'd love to hear all about it! Leave me a note!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment