Tuesday, October 20, 2009

From the Desk of A.J. - Pink Week!


I love that now when you think of October you not only think of orange and black…you think PINK!!!! Yep…you know we here at Pink Swear Designs couldn’t let the month go by without making you think about your ta-tas:)

October is breast cancer awareness month. I’m sure everybody reading this has been touched by breast cancer in some shape or form. Whether it’s a family member, friend, friend of a friend, colleague…the list can go on and on…but somehow this disease has touched you. For me…it’s my mama. She’s a “pink soldier” all right. My mom has always been this big (all 5 foot nothin’ of her) ball of energy. She amazes me at how much she can endure and how her energy is unmatched. After all is said and done…after her treatment years ago…she is even more of a spitfire today than ever before (I love you mama!).

As you all know…we are shopping mama fools…big time. So, for the remainder of the month we’re going to make you aware of all of the wonderful goodies that are out there right now for you to buy that will give moolah to the cause. Yep…we’re going to twist your arm and make it really hard for you not buy our choices for “pink” goodies. We have been searching these past few weeks for the best of the best (and most fun). We chose things that not only did we think were fab…but we also made sure that the items were legit and we looked into how much of each item was going to go to the cause. We really wanted to find the most loveliest of lovelies that we could share with you. Every little bit counts…and even if you don’t buy anything from our list…maybe you’ll stumble upon something of your own and purchase just because it has that pink ribbon. Being aware is the point at the end of the day:)

I never thought about breast cancer awareness until it hit me and my family like a ton of bricks. Now…I notice every pink ribboned item and try whatever I can to give to the cause…and I never forget to do my self exams along with the mamos. It doesn’t matter how old you are or what you (or your husband/boy/girl friend) call them…check your ta-tas, check your hooters, check your melons, and in the wise words of Theresa our favorite New Jersey housewife… check your ”bubbies”.

No comments:

Post a Comment