Thursday, May 21, 2009

small magazine


Since the beginning of this year some of my absolute favorite magazines have folded. Last year I lost my beloved Blueprint (a younger/hipper/cheaper version of Martha Stewart's Living, it was brilliant!) and this year Domino, and then Wondertime (the ONLY parenting magazine I've ever enjoyed from cover to cover, it had amazing articles written by amazing writers, instead of being a laundry list of the 385 things that might kill your child this summer). *sigh* Sign of the times I suppose, but I will always miss coming home to a brand new magazine and spending the rest of my evening flipping through its pages. But if all these great mags going under means more people will start creating online mags like this then I might be able to get over it.

small magazine came out with their Summer 09 issue, and its chock full of beautiful photography of beautiful children's things. I love the illustrated fashion spread, love the downloadable coloring page by artist Mati Rose McDonough, love the crafting article, love it all! And while I still long for the tactile feel of a magazine in my hand, it is pretty handy to be able to just click on a link when you find something interesting.

Curl up on your couch with your laptop, and peruse small here.

No comments:

Post a Comment