Thursday, May 14, 2009

Primary Colors


So call me weird, but one of my favorite ways to wind down is to "redecorate" my house. Mind you this redecorating only happens in my head and on my computer...but it makes me so happy, even if I never buy a single thing off my little list. And with my limited knowledge of photoshop, I'm now able to put all these little ideas into one handy little collage. So voila, witness my Wednesday night:



I was inspired by this poster by Darling Clementine. I've been blessed with a really large secondary bedroom, so we've put both my son and my daughter in there with more than enough room(and honestly? the sweetest thing to hear is them talking before they fall asleep. I've never regretted that decision for a minute). But, I've had kind of a hard time finding a cohesive feel for the room. Every week I think, I'm just going to gut this room and redo it completely. I'm really falling in love with the idea of primary colors with a retro feel for their room. I already have several vintage pieces (like an awesome Brio Barn my parents scored at an antique shop) so I'm really leaning towards this look. I figure I can get girly on her side, manly on his side, but the colors would pull it all together.

Do your kids share rooms? Did you plan their rooms out, or is it just a mish mosh of whatever they got? How do you walk the line of functionality vs. aesthetics?


No comments:

Post a Comment