Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spread a Little Love



Ginger Blue

I've been incredibly blessed to have extremely healthy kids. Beyond a few colds, the "worst" medical thing that I've ever had to go through with my littles was a broken arm and subsequent surgery. When my son came out of surgery, groggy and hysterical from the sedatives I sat there watching a mom trying to comfort her crying baby in an incubator next to us. And it hit me like a ton of bricks of how lucky we really were. Thinking back on that moment makes me that much more amazed when I think about my friend Sarah, and her beautiful daughter, Ginger. Ginger has cystic fibrosis, an incurable diseases that wreaks havoc on her tiny lungs and has the potential to make even the tiniest of colds fatal. Sarah approaches each day with her daughter with grace, humor, gratefulness and laughter. And she has been tireless in her goal to raise money and awareness for research into a cure for CF.

In May, Sarah and her family and friends are walking in the Great Strides walk in Redlands, CA to raise money for research into cystic fibrosis. She is half way to her goal and I'd love to see her make it all the way. Check out her fund raising page here to donate (every little bit helps!) and to read more of their amazing story go to Sarah's blog here.


No comments:

Post a Comment