Friday, March 27, 2009

TGIF



Yeah! Its Friday! It seems like every week I start out thinking I have nothing to do the next weekend, and by mid-week my weekend is jammed packed with things we need to do. But this weekend is planned with all fun stuff, so I'm looking forward to it. And I've been so happy all week. I know I said I had spring fever yesterday, so I thought I'd share some of the little things that are making me happy and putting a spring in my step (pun intended).

We have this hedge in front of our house, and most of the time, its just this boxy boring entity in our front yard, with a few sad little flowers. But all of a sudden this week, it is covered in these gorgeous pink blossoms. And I never noticed before, but they smell just heavenly. Their scent hits me when I walk outside, and while I sit on the front steps watching my kids play, I can hear all the bees buzzing happily. I collected some flowers for inside today, and I've got a little vase tucked into every corner. There's just nothing better than a little vase of fresh flowers.




Earlier this week I was inspired to spruce up my home office and went searching for a cork board. I couldn't find anything particularly cute, so my baby girl and I hit up our local Salvation Army hoping to find something with a little more character. I scored the perfect size cork board, and a particularly garish gold frame with an interesting shape. We stopped at Home Depot on the way home for some butter yellow spray paint, and voila! The perfect colored accessories for my office. Now I just have to decide what, if anything to put in that frame. We also found this yellow striped fabric. I think I'll use the bigger cut for a dress for baby girl, but the small one could fit inside the frame...




Thoughts? Leave the frame empty and hang on the wall? Put the fabric in the frame? Put the fabric and a silhouette in the frame??


No comments:

Post a Comment