Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cravings-Ikea Finds

Every once in a while I'll hop onto Ikea's website to check out what's new (because honestly one does not actually set foot in Ikea without the knowledge that your entire day is shot, whether you went in for one or twenty things, browsing online is much safer for my wallet and time).  But look at all this cute bakeware they've gotten in!  Its all super cute, and you can not beat Ikea prices.  It makes me want to start baking and a little bummed that the kiddo's birthdays are so far off.  Anyone need a birthday cake??  

These are probably my favorite find.  How cute are these cake liners?!  They are reusable and I love that they go from totally girly pink hearts to tough guy black.  Slap one of these guys under a round cake with some sprinkles on it and voila, a totally pulled together look with very little effort.  And at $1.49 they cost less than the price of the box of cake mix.

Feeling more ambitious about your cake decorating?  Take it to the next level with this 
cake decorating set that will only set you back $4.99.  I've always wanted a pastry bag (and am soooo over using my ziploc baggy trick) so this is really exciting for me.
And when you're done decorating your perfect little cake, keep it safe and sound in this sweet little cake stand ($19.99):
Not much in a cake mood?  Rather make some woodland creature cookies?  Well lucky you, they have some cookie cutters too ($3.99).  I'm especially enamored with the hedgehog.  No the squirrel.  Or maybe the moose...
I never really understood how useful a big tray could be till I started having birthday parties for the kiddo's and realized how handy they are for cupcakes and other little treats.  Since we do our birthday parties on the cheap, I love the ease of cupcakes, and they always end up looking great grouped together on a tray, no matter how you decorate them.  I love the simplicity of this one (it'd go with any theme!) and would look great with some decorative tissue paper under the cupcakes.  And hello!  $1.99??  
And while we're on the subject of things I love at Ikea I'm going to throw these little guys out there.  These are one of those simple things that make my life that much easier.  These are the BEST cups for toddlers.  They are the perfect size for their little hands, and made the transition from sippy cups totally easy.  I also love that its made from safe plastic that is BPA, PVC and phthalate free and is completely dishwasher safe.  Its tough to find that at this price point.  They also make for an excellent rainy day game of bowling when stacked in a pyramid.  ($1.99/6 pack)

1 comment:

  1. oooh I love that cake stand! So sweet. Joanns has cake decorating classes... maybe we should sign up! :)

    ReplyDelete