Thursday, June 17, 2010

Found My Animal - Handmade Collars and Leashes


Our little dog Tammie ran into our lives one day, literally. So I can't really say that we "adopted" her in a traditional sense. But she was a neglected dog, whose owners, I'm pretty sure, let her out without a collar in hopes that she would "go away" and so neglected her grooming that for the first few days at our house she couldn't even go to the bathroom without severe pain. Now she's a part of our family, cracking us up with her diva attitude and covert intelligence.
We lost Tammie's leash in the move. I finally broke down and bought a new one yesterday, but it reminded me of these amazing leashes I came across quite a while ago. Found My Animal makes leashes, collars and other accessories "for adopted animals and their people." Every product is handmade in the USA. Every leash has a stamped brass tag with a number that represents the number of dogs who've been adopted. I'm especially in love with the adjustable leash, which allows you to "wear" the leash around your waist, or chest, freeing up your hands. And everything they make is beautiful and obviously high quality. I would love to just hang one of these on my walls! The really amazing thing, a full 25% of every sale goes to a foundation that helps spay and neuter animals in rural areas where there is no access to services.

Find out more about Found My Animal here.

No comments:

Post a Comment