Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Book Love - Never Take A Shark To The Dentist (and other things not to do)




My son recently had a book fair at his school. My daughter requested a pony book and I dutifully picked up the only pony book they offered. My son picked up a book about giant prehistoric animals. Drawn to the illustrations and the author (Judi Barrett, who also wrote "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs") I picked out this little gem. Thus far we've read the pony book and the prehistoric animal book maybe three or four times. We've read "Never Take a Shark..." three to four times daily. Filled with important life lessons like "never go shopping for shoes with a centipede" and "never hold hands with a lobster," its the combination of the "serious" advice with the absurd illustrations that keeps my whole family in giggles, no matter how many times we've read it (the expressions on the faces of some of the animals still make me giggle, even after viewing it over fifty times) . It doesn't matter that they had the whole thing memorized by the end of the first day, my kids love this book so much I'm contemplating buying it hardcover just so we have it longer. This one is destined to be on our "classics" list.

Find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment