Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Unique LA - Nan Lawson


There are a lot of booths I can't wait to visit at Unique LA this weekend, but I'm really excited to get some new prints and artwork for my house. If my husband would let me, I would hang prints and photos gallery style, floor to ceiling, in my home. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately!) my husband's tastes runs more towards minimalist, so we have to find a happy medium. I love that so many artists are now selling prints of their work for really reasonable prices, allowing me to purchase as much art as I want without going bankrupt. And seeing it all in person and meeting the artist makes it that much better! I can't wait to go see this artist, Nan Lawson. Her illustrations are simple and quirky and sweet. And it says on her Etsy shop that she does custom portraits, something I've wanted done of our family for a long time now (and wouldn't that just be the sweetest Mother's Day present? Since I already have a ton of fab personalized jewelry?? hint hint hubby!) ;)

Come see Nan and Pinky Swear this weekend at Unique LA! Find more information about the show here. And see more of Nan's work here.



No comments:

Post a Comment