Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Friday!


Are you all ready for the Easter bunny? Yesterday when I was out shopping for Easter goodies I ran into three moms from my kid's schools. It seems everyone had the same idea: drop off the kids, make a mad dash for the jelly beans. We haven't done a lot around here for Easter yet, we're dying eggs tomorrow and participating in an egg hunt. My son wants to decorate when he gets home from school today, so we'll see what we come up with. We did try something new this week though! Watching me make a headband for my daughter, my son asked me to teach him how to "sew." So I had him write his name on a piece of fabric, put it in an embroidery hoop for him, taught him a basic running stitch and let him have at it. I was amazed at how well he did! I told you embroidery was easy! ;) He got about half way through before he got too tired (and he took little breaks in between letters while I changed the thread for him, he insisted on all the different colors). I'm no expert, but I'm sure a project like this is great for his fine motor skills. I had wanted to buy him some lacing cards for quite a while now, but never got around to it. This way he's creating something more permanent and all his own.

Hope you and your family have a fantastic chocolate coated Easter!! Oh, and can I just say I wish I was eight again? So I could wear all of this stuff? Oh Stella, you're killing me!

No comments:

Post a Comment