Thursday, May 5, 2011

Since I am the and I quote”token Mexican” half of Pinky Swear Designs, we feel it’s my duty to do today’s post about Cinco de Mayo.

First…I’d like to preface this post that I am the and I quote again “the whitest Mexican ever” and the “worst Mexican ever”. I’ve been told on occasion that I need to learn to speak Spanish (I know the bad words, slang words, and bad slang words). It’s not my fault. I blame my parents;) It’s something I’d looove to accomplish one day (after going to culinary school, owning a restaurant, an event party planning biz, and owning a little vineyard in France). Bottom line…I am one of the new generation of Mexicans and damn proud of it. I am proud of where my roots sprouted from 3 generations ago and how they made their way all the way up the coast and landed in Surf City USA;)

So…today in honor of The Mexicans tossing those French out ( I do so love the French!) of their tierra (that’s land to all of you non-Spanish speaking;) I’d like to share what we’re all really on the quest for today. Yep…the best margarita evah (can I get an Ai yai yai!!)!The El Paso Chili Company Key Lime Margarita Mix

I used to pick up this mix at William Sonoma way back in the day…but Wills and Son started making their own mix (which is good…but not fantastico) and now…we have to order it online. Its sooo worth it…add a little Hornitos Tequila (the smoothest and tastiest), fresh lime with salt and you are on your way to a muy bueno time. We’re having ours with my quick guacamole (avo’s, garlic, lime, salt& a little Cholula hot sauce) & chips.

Happy Cinco de Drinko peeps…may you toast the latino culture today (who am I kidding...toast them whenever and where ever you can)!!

Salud!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Prima Great post I will make Margaritas tonight thanks for the inspiration.....loving the jewelry

    xoxoxoxoox Cruz

    ReplyDelete