Friday, September 3, 2010

Happy Friday!


While wandering around the internet yesterday I stumbled upon Playscapes, a blog dedicated to playground design. Apart from feeling a little depressed about all the cookie cutter parks near me (with a few exceptions!) I was struck by how powerful it was to see structures like the one above and be overwhelmed by memories of playing on structures like this. I know exactly how that concrete feels in the hot sun, how its cool underneath and worn slick in some places. And seeing things like the giant metal rocket, merry go rounds and climbing domes! Ok, I'll stop playing the "remember when" game, but go check it out and see for yourself!

Also? I'm going to say something I never thought I'd say, but I really really want to go to Missouri. Because omg, look at this place! Why am I just finding out about this???

City Museum in St.Louis, Missouri. Has anyone been here?! It looks so amazing. I showed my son and all he could do was sigh, and ask me, "why don't they build stuff like that here?"
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment